Someone got some good scans of the ME3 GI article and kindly posted them. They're hi-res enough to read what it says. Plus, there's a bunch of other cool images.
Spoilers ahoy, though.
Well, Kaidan certainly looks strapping. Love the armor. And it looks like Bioware took my advice on the five o’clock shadow.
Well, unfortunately there will be no beard for Sheploo in ME3. And it looks like Liara will be keeping her ME2 armor. Now, I really like that armor, don’t get me wrong, but I was wondering if they would change her outfit to something more reminiscent of the armor the Shadow Broker Operatives wear.
Okay, note; it says that it’s been a few months since ME2. Thane is most likely dead or dies in very short order. Sorry, fan girls, but that’s the unpretty truth. Unless they magically cured him. And any argument that begins with “But Mordin could-” is the same as magically.
I’d guess that the image on the top is the Moon. Interesting details about the Normandy. Maybe that mock concept art that showed up a little while ago is more accurate than the artist initially realized.
Captain Anderson. He knows what the ladies like. Now all he needs is a Sweet William cigar…
Melee-based enemies? Cool (Husks don’t count). This of course brings up the issue of whether or not Shepard will have access to these weapons. My intuition says ‘not to any great degree, at the most’. And I must say that I’m rather relieved that gaining the loyalty of a species is not a simple matter of a single quest. I also can’t wait to see what different kinds of melee attacks there are for the different classes. (BIOTIC PAWNCH!)
Summary: ability to peek out of cover without channeling your inner shooting gallery duck. A roll ability. Finally being able to jump over small gaps and cover without first taking cover behind them. All definite pluses in my book. And bravo for ladders!
Oh, and the image at the bottom is a Cerberus agent breaking through the sun window in Shepard’s quarters.
I’d guess the character in the upper left hand corner is Kai Leng, from Retribution. And a rachni husk to the left of him.
Annnd that would definitely be a batarian husk. You know, over the course of two games, the fact that humans and humans only were converted into husks became rather noticeable. It’s nice to see more variety in our favorite space zombies.
(Noms on Ashley’s new hair)
Now, normally I would be shouting “No Mass Effect MMO” from the nearest mountaintop, but right now, I just don’t care that much.
Truth be told, it wasn’t until this point that I realized that Liara doesn’t have armor-heels. And I suppose this is pretty conclusive proof that Liara is a squad mate, for any of those who still might doubt.
In summary --thanks to Javierabegazo of the ME forums--
1. Humans aren't the only species that can be Husk-ified.
2. ME3 begins with Earth's assault by the Reapers, and things don't look so good, but there's something that is a silver lining, that makes it look like it's actually possible to not lose against the reapers.
3. TIM has sent his top agents to take down Shepard, The combat is going to be much harder and melee attacks are going to have more focus.
4. Shooting specific armor parts can have certain effects, and the AI of the enemies will have them routing Shepard and will coordinate with each other.
5. Battlefields are going to be a great deal larger, and combat will be very varied.
6. Enemy Weapons can be PICKED UP. Soldiers can carry all kinds of weapons, and other classes understandably less so.
7. There is a larger skill tree and RPG aspects are going to be more integrated.
8. Weapon Modding is a greenlight, with things like barrels and scopes. Modding your weapons will vastly affect their appearance and how they function in battle
9. So far the CONFIRMED SQUADMATES are: Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, Garrus, and James Sanders who is mentioned is an Alliance Marine
10. Species Loyalty cannot only get obtained via Quests
11. Levels will have ladders
12. Available Squadmates will still maintain a balance, if per say Garrus had not survived ME2's events
13. ME1's Decisions such as sparing the Rachni will have a grave impact in ME3
14. There's no railroad to the end of the game, there are multiple paths to take back Earth
15. You will start off with most of your powers from ME2, that will be able to evolve multiple times.
Still no word on female aliens, though.